Barry Wolfe has been a client of Corduroy Beach since the very beginning. And now we’re implementing a total overhaul of his portfolio site at www.bwolfephotography.com. Along with updating the design and platform Barry is sending us some new galleries for display. The versatile and stunning images Wolfe captures showcase both his love for local and regional scenes as well as the fascinations of his world-wide wanderlust.
About Barry Wolfe
Born (in 1945) and raised in Baltimore, Maryland, I was first introduced to Virginia as an undergraduate at the University of Virginia. I received a B.A. degree in 1966 and then went to University of Maryland Dental School-graduating in 1970. After two years in the Air Force I went to University of Kentucky for postgraduate training in the specialty of periodontics. I came to Roanoke in 1974 and have been in full time practice since then.
My interest in photography dates back to dental school. And I became very serious in 1997. I work in color, B&W and Polaroid manipulation and transfer. All my printing is now done digitally on archival papers with pigment inks.
I show my work at Signature 9 Gallery and Studios on the Square, both in Roanoke, VA.
I have received the following awards:
- Merit Award-Sidewalk Art Show-2002, 2003
- Photography- 1 st Place Sidewalk Art Show-2005
- Photography Award-Bath County Art Show-2002
- Special Award-Bath County Art Show-2003
- Photography Award-Nelson Street Gallery Juried Show-2002, 2003
- Member’s Choice Award-Nelson Street Gallery Juried Show-2005
- Commission Award-Roanoke City Art Show-2005
- People’s Choice Award-Roanoke City Art Show-2005
Also, I have recently agreed to a long-term loan of the photograph “Caboose” to the O. Winston Link Museum, Roanoke. I have done the photographs for the rooms at the renovated Stonewall Jackson Hotel in Staunton. These photographs are in the hotel rooms, public spaces and office spaces.